Billing & Invoicing
Q: Can I use Cloudflare for free?
A: Yes, you can use Cloudflare for free. Cloudflare's Free plan provides the most basic website performance and security features. If you need more, you can always upgrade to a higher tier plan.
Q: What determines the total amount billed?
A: Our pricing is on a 'per-domain' basis. That means that every domain is charged separately - whereas the number of subdomains does not make a difference. For example, if you upgrade example1.com and example2.com to the Pro plan, they will be charged separately, and you will pay $40/month. You can have as many subdomains like test1.example1.com or test2.example1.com as you want, and this will not incur any extra charges.
Q: When is my billing date?
A: The date you first select a paid plan will be the recurring billing date. For example: If you sign up for the first time on January 10, all future charges will be billed on the 10th of every month.
Q: What happens when I upgrade?
A: If you currently have a paid plan (e.g. Pro) for one of your domains and upgrade to a higher priced plan (e.g. Business), the following happens:
- You will be debited the hourly pro-rata cost of the Business plan until the end of the billing cycle
- You will be credited the hourly pro-rata cost of the Pro plan until the end of the billing cycle
- At the beginning of the next billing cycle, you will be charged for the full cost of the Business plan
- You will receive an invoice upon successful payment of the upgrade
Q: What happens when I downgrade?
A: If you select a domain and downgrade from a higher-priced plan (e.g. Business) to a lower-priced plan (e.g. Pro), the following happens:
- Your domain will immediately be downgraded and no longer benefit from the higher-level Cloudflare plan you have pre-paid for
- Your billing will be adjusted at the start of the next billing cycle to reflect the Pro plan's charges
- You will not receive a refund for the funds you have pre-paid for the higher priced plan
Q: How are prorations calculated?
A: If you are moving from a lower-priced plan to a higher-priced plan, you are charged as follows:
- Pro-rata remaining days = # of days remaining in the current billing cycle / # of total days in the billing cycle
- Credit for unused lower priced plan = price of lower plan * pro-rata remaining days
- Debit for remaining higher-priced plan = price of higher plan * pro-rata remaining days
- Amount Due for Zone = Debit for higher-priced plan - Credit of lower-priced plan
Q: What happens if I add a plan in the middle of my subscription period?
A: Your additional zone will be charged for the pro-rata time used for the selected plan. For example:
- Your first zone is subscribed to a paid plan on the 10th of the month and you add a second zone on the 20th day of a 30 day month
- You will be charged an additional (20/30) * price of the second plan
- On the next billing cycle (10th of the next month) you will be charged the full price for both plans