Cloudflare's Web Application Firewall advantage that fuels customer and product momentum:
1. Product Innovation and Velocity: Cloudflare has released numerous WAF features at an unparalleled velocity of product innovation in the past year to help our customers build a strong security posture -- API Shield to provide strong authentication for APIs, ability to create rules based on analytics, enhancements for higher accuracy to block bad bots and many more.
2. Ease of use and management: From individual developers to enterprise companies, Cloudflare’s customers find the Cloudflare WAF user interface and API easy to use and deploy. Our powerful pre-built rulesets and fast rule propagation speed of under 30s globally enables our customers for a faster time to productivity for their WAF. As the threat landscape changes quickly, it’s important to easily and quickly analyze and mitigate new attack vectors.
3. Threat Intelligence at-scale: Cloudflare continuously improves its WAF offering using deep analysis of rich data sets collected from approximately 25 million Internet properties that we secure for our customers. We blocked approximately 76B cyber threats on an average each day in Q3’20.
4. Integrated Offering: Customers value the integration of Cloudflare’s WAF with our other Cloudflare products including Bot Management, Cloudflare Access, DDoS, CDN, managed DNS features, Cloudflare Workers and more. Cloudflare delivers strong security with high performance through an integrated approach.
5. Third party integrations: Cloudflare’s API first mindset delivers out-of-the-box integrations with leading third parties including Splunk, Sumo Logic, Terraform, and more. Customers have demonstrated accelerated DevOps and DevSecOps deployment processes with the help of Cloudflare APIs.
1) Gartner, “Magic Quadrant for Web Application Firewalls”, Analyst(s): Jeremy D'Hoinne, Adam Hils, John Watts, Rajpreet Kaur, October 19, 2020.
*This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from Cloudflare. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.